"In Chinese philosophy, yin & yang (陰陽 yīnyáng, lit. "dark-bright", "negative-positive") describes how seemingly opposite or contrary forces may actually be complementary, interconnected, and interdependent in the natural world, and how they may give rise to each other as they interrelate to one another."
When we talk about skincare we consider Pearl Powder & Rhassoul Clay two different "forces" that, as the yin & yang, are complementary.
Last week we talked about how to properly use Pearl Powder and how to add it to your diet. Today it's all about the incredible Rhassoul Clay.
The mineral qualities of Rhassoul Clay were studied extensively and presented at the 12th meeting of the National Institute of Phytotherapy in Paris in 1985. Rhassoul Clay contains a high percentage of silica, magnesium, potassium and calcium. Clinical studies have been carried out in two different research laboratories in the United States that evaluated Rhassoul use for skin conditions. The results of this single-use Rhassoul study produced these findings:_ Reduces dryness
_ Reduces flakiness
_ Improves skin clarity
_ Improves skin elasticity/firmness
_ Improves skin texture
_ Removes surface oil and oil from inside and around comedones (blackheads/whiteheads)
_ Removes dead skin layers, resulting in a general smoothing of the skin's surface
It can be used as a detoxifying cleanser, skin conditioner, shampoo, and facial & body mask. A non-abrasive exfoliant, it acts like a magnet withdrawing all the toxins from the skin and replacing with highly beneficial minerals.
HOW TO USE IT AS A FACE MASK
1. Using a non-metallic bowl and spoon, mix a teaspoon of Rhassoul Clay with water to make a smooth paste. Add water little by little until you get the desired consistency.
2. Cleanse your face from makeup or other skincare product. We suggest using our 100% Chemical Free Makeup Remover, gentle on the skin thanks to the Aloe Vera Juice and the Jojoba Oil.
3. Apply to the face, neck and decoltè avoiding the eye area. Leave on until the skin starts to tingle (5-10 minutes depending upon skin type) and wash off with warm water. Add a few drops of Argan Oil or Rose Oil, both if you want a special treat. This can be used as a 'quick' mask leaving it on for just five minutes on the skin, or if you have time, put it on your face and leave the mask on for 20 minutes.
Tip: Apply your mask before having a shower. Leave the mask act onto the skin while checking mail, doing laundry or reading a good book. Wash the mask under the shower by massaging and adding water little by little. This tips will simplify the washing process and will bring all the mask on the rest of your body too.
HOW TO USE IT AS A CHEMICAL FREE SHAMPOO
1. Detangle your hair before entering the shower.
2. For short/medium length hair, mix 40gr with approximately 70ml water, then apply to the hair and gently massage the product into the scalp.
3. Once in the shower, start gradually adding water as you keep massaging the emulsion over the head and hair. Keep adding water till the hair is free of clay.
4. Towel dry then comb through. There is no need to apply conditioner as the hair is conditioned by the clay.
5. Finish your treatment by applying the Organic Argan Hair Treatment just on your ends. This product is a mixture of Argan Oil, Hippophae Rhamnoides Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia Oil, Cedrus Atlantica Bark Oil, Limonene and Geraniol.
HOW TO USE IT AS A BODY MASK
1. Using a non-metallic bowl and spoon, mix the Rhassoul Clay with water to make a smooth paste.
Tip: Add water little by little until you get the desired consistency.
2. Apply the mask all over your body and massage it to cleanse and exfoliate at the same time.
3. Leave the mask on for 5-10 minutes or until it starts to tingle.
4. Wash the clay off with warm water.
5. To gain optimal benefit apply the Argan Body Oil to your skin and massage gently. Do not overdo it, a little goes a long way. This product is a unique mixture of Argan, Sesame Seed, Ylang-ylang Flower and Mandarin Green Peel Oil. Every ingredient is organic and cruelty-free.
Now that your skin is nice and clean it's time to get that glow by using Pearl Powder.
Check our previous article by clicking here to learn how to do it.
Pic by Pinterest