Featured in GOOP and Vogue, Pearl Powder is the celebrity skincare secret that’s perfect for brides to be.
We asked Moroccan Natural founder, Carole Fraser, for her advice on preparing for a wedding, using natural Pearl Powder and Rhassoul Clay.
The preparations for a wedding are never-ending, hopefully one has a caring support team of family and friends to take the strain off arranging the event – leaving some time for the bride (and groom) to pamper themselves! This is the most joyous day in a woman’s life (other than the birth of the first bambino) so she has to ensure that she looks her very best.
Let’s start with skin… every bride wants to have flawless glowing radiant skin, here we are going to teach you how to achieve it without the use of harsh chemicals.Deep Cleansing With Rhassoul ClayWith all the amazing products out there on the market, we have found that the most effective deep cleanser and conditioner is Rhassoul Clay. This is very simple to use: to make a mask, just take two teaspoons of clay and mix in a small bowl with enough water to make a creamy paste; apply all over the face avoiding the eye area. As each skin is different we cannot advocate a time to leave the clay on for, but your skin will tell you as your skin will start to tingle. When you feel this, wash off the clay mask. Your skin will feel very clean and conditioned and you will be glowing, making you look and feel like a star on your big day. For best results, this ritual should be done twice a week.
Getting The Glow
Pearl Powder is just what it says – ground up pearls. This is a most amazing beauty aid that has been around for some 3,000 years and has bee favoured by the likes of Cleopatra and the only female Emperor of China, Wu Zetan. This is the magical ingredient that promotes collagen and skin elasticity, smooths fine lines, speeds healing and removes blotches, acne scarring, dry patches, addresses sun damage, nourishes the skin, reduces large pores, improves cell metabolism and promotes glowing, radiant skin.
How To Use Pearl Powder
- For a quick mask for combination skin, take a teaspoon of yogurt, 1/4 teaspoon of honey, 2-3 drops of lemon juice and a spatula of Pearl Powder. Mix together and apply as a face mask
- A lifting effect can be obtained by swapping the yoghurt for beaten egg white. You will only need two teaspoons of the egg white – this mask is a big favourite within our team
- For oily skin, we recommend dusting the powder onto clean skin, and for dry skin mixing a pearl-sized spatula of the powder into a few drops of Argan Oil. Live for twenty minutes then rinse off and tone with a deliciously refreshing Organic Rose Water
EXTRA TIP: Pearl Powder can be used as a powder or blended into your favourite moisturiser or foundation – the title of ‘Magic Dust’ comes about because it is like a magic wand that can be added to all your favourite products!
Natural Skin Renewal
It is commonly said that cell renewal (repairing damaged skin) happens mostly at night, making it a perfect time to treat skin. Argan Oil works wonders, thanks to the copious amounts of natural vitamin. This product contains the full range of tocopherol alpha, beta, gamma and delta – these are the anti-ageing vitamins. Apply a small amount to your face using your fingers, including the eye area. As this is a non-greasy oil, this can be used as a moisturiser under your make up too.
Finally, we will share a wonderful homemade serum recipe, using just three easy to source ingredients: Rose Water, Aloe Vera Juice and Vegetable Glycerine.
- Rose Water helps repair collagen, which promotes tighter looking skin and protects against wrinkles (1 teaspoon)
- Aloe Vera Juice helps to even out skin tone and give your complexion a firmer feel (1 teaspoon)
- Glycerine (vegetable) provides intense hydration and helps restore your skins youthful elasticity (1 teaspoon)
- Mix these together and apply whenever you feel that your skin needs a lift
And remember girls… Love is a many splendored thing!
Moroccan Natural CEO